Postgraduate courses in European economic and environmental law and policy
In the five courses (or in fact six, as one extra course has been created) on EU economic and environmental law and policy, the Chair will advance cutting-edge blended learning formats, strong inter-disciplinarity, inter-generationality and policy relevance. Selected courses are offered in collaboration with universities in Belgium, other EU Member States and beyond.
- EU Internal Market and Competition Policy (6 ECTS, EuroMaster)
- EU Environmental law in an International Context (3 ECTS, LLM in International and European Law (PILC))
- Public International law Case study simulation (6 ECTS, PILC )
- Virtuosi -- PhD and Post-doc seminar on the Theories of Value Reconciliation and Fragmentation (IES PhD School)
- Research Methods in EU and international law (International and European Law (PILC); EuroMaster)
- IES Online Value Reconciliation Depository
“The Chair will advance cutting-edge blended learning formats, strong inter-disciplinarity, inter-generationality and policy relevance ”
The Greening of the Economy
In the course of the Academic Year 2016-2017, the opportunity arose to reform the curriculum of IES’s M.Sc in European Integration (EuroMaster), to which the Jean Monnet Chair rECOncile is closely assciated. As a part of the update, the EuroMaster was re-structured into four specialisation streams, each representing areas of important societal and policy activity in the EU. One of the four streams is the Environment, to which a completely new course “The Greening of the Economy” was added. Using the impetus of the rECOncile project, prof Kalimo successfully applied for the launched professorship, and created a new course the topic.